My parents and care-givers have the following responsibilities towards me and
the other children in their care.
1. My best interests must always be held above everything else – nothing is more important than the
interest of the children in the family.
2. I must always be kept safe, secure and protected from any harm at all times.
3. I must be given shelter to live in.
4. I must be given proper nutrition.
5. My emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual needs must be met in order for me to grow up to be a balanced human being.
6. I must be given an education.
7. I must be given the opportunity to develop my full potential as a human being.
8. I must be given proper health care and social services when I need it.
9. I must not be abused, neglected or mistreated in any way.
What do you think are the other responsibilities that your parents have towards you?